- Payment of earnings
- Minimum wage
- Hours of work, rest periods and days of rest
- Overtime and overtime pay
- Vacations and vacation pay
- General holidays and general holiday pay
- Maternity and parental leave
- Termination of employment
- Employment of individuals under 18 years of age
- Adolescent employment in the restaurant and food services industry
The Alberta Human Rights Act has primacy over all other Alberta legislation. Employers are required to comply with the Act even once other legal obligations are met. If you are unsure about how human rights legislation applies in your workplace, contact the Commission for more information.
Revised: January 27, 2010
Due to confidentiality concerns, the Commission cannot reply to complaints of discrimination using the Internet. Please contact the Commission by telephone or regular mail if you have a specific complaint.
You can access information about making FOIP requests for records held by the Commission on our Contact us page.
The Commission will make publications available in accessible multiple formats upon request. Multiple formats provide access for people with disabilities who do not read conventional print.